Thursday, November 29, 2012

My First Thanksgiving Turkey

Last week I had the honor of roasting my family's Thanksgiving day turkey, which also happened to be my first one ever. I've never even roasted a chicken before, but thanks to the video by Kin Community on YouTube for turkey virgins such as myself, it was a huge success. I'm feeling awfully lazy so I will leave you with an Instagrammed (I know, I just made that up) photo bomb. Enjoy!

 The 15 lb turkey all rinsed and patted dry (the secret to delicious crispy skin ;)
 This was not in the video, but was highly suggested by my mother to...
 ...cut up onions, carrots, an apple and some celery to shove in the turkey's hoo ha.
 Butter, garlic and rosemary for the rub...
 ...all finely chopped and mixed together with salt & pepper to taste.
Ready to go into the oven!
She's all done!
Now for some photos of the table decorations...


In all it was a fabulous Thanksgiving! Here's to the 2012 Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment