Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cinnamon Bun Fail, Kind Of...

I like to be honest with you guys. Not everything I make comes out perfect or even close to what it's suppose to be, and these cinnamon buns had it out for me. Yesterday was opening day for deer hunting in New York. Being a country girl, I've been surrounded by this my entire life, so without getting too political, it is something that is a part of life around these parts. I personally do not understand the appeal of sitting out at the crack of dawn, in the cold waiting for a deer to walk by to shoot it, but hey if that's your thing I won't stop you. Anyway, I digress! I was awoken at 5:30 AM Saturday morning as my boyfriend geared up to indulge in some primal cave man urges to hunt wild life and I had a hard time getting back to sleep. Bridgette, my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend (follow that?) was up as well, and we thought what better thing to do at 6 AM than make cinnamon buns right?!

Things did not go according to plan. I'd like to blame it on the recipe book we were using because the way the recipe was written, was not very intuitive. *Insert shifty side eye right about here.* I'd like to blame it on the cook book, but it really probably has more to do with that fact I attempted this without coffee. We accidentally left the eggs out. Then the dough wouldn't rise. Oh well! We still baked it anyways. Then the tops browned too quickly while the inside was still gooey and raw.

Then there wasn't enough actual cinnamon in the sugar mix. Only 1 tsp worth....I should have known better. 
All in all, they weren't great, but that serves as motivation to find a recipe that actually works, and perhaps save it for a time when I'm a little more awake or at least caffeinated ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment