Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 4 (Cont'd): In-N-Out Burger

Between the multitude of pad thai and Mexican food that I was consuming, I made it a point to experience In-N-Out Burger. It did not disappoint.

Option #2 and fries "Animal Style"
In-N-Out Burgers lists only 3 burger options on their menus, but the have a "not-so-secret" menu as well. I opted for choice #2, the cheeseburger and ordered my french fries "animal style." You might be thinking whaaa? Because that's pretty much what my reaction was as well. Animal style takes your basic fries and turns them into fat-kid heaven with melted ooey-gooey cheese, thousand island dressing and diced grilled onions. You can also opt for your burger to be animal style or for a salt free patty or for a grilled cheese sandwich or with extra meat or with out the bun and wrapped in lettuce... the list goes on. Also they don't add salt to their fries; instead it comes in a seperate packet and you can add as much or as little as your heart desires. This thrilled me because 1) I've literally never seen this before at a fast food restaurant and 2) I think fries tend to be way too salty. 'Twas an epic meal and makes me very sad that this chain is solely a west coast institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment