Wednesday, October 2, 2013

California: Highlights of Day 2

Hello readers! I only have 2 and a half more days in sunny Los Angeles, how did this go by so fast?! I've seen a lot but there is so much more I want to do for the rest of the time I am here. Here are some highlights from day 2 of my trip.

Clockwise: Number 4 -Green Apple, Lemon, Kale and Triple Ginger fresh juice; I loveeee the packaging on this bottle; the farmer's market crowded with Sunday-goers.

Sunday brought my first full day in California and lots of beautiful sunshine. After sleeping in until 9:40 AM (which translates to 11:40 AM at in NY...whoa) we headed to Tessa's neighborhood farmer's market for some pupusas. I've never had a pupusa before but it would be an absolute crime to not try the amazing Mexican food available in LA while I'm here, so I was definitely game for it. On our way to the market we stopped by Juice for some needed nutrients.

Nom nom nom.
Behold, the delicious papusa. The best way I can describe it, is that it is a sort of  savory Mexican pancake. I had two bean & queso papusas with fresh salsa, spicy slaw, and a dab of sour cream. So. Yummy. It was definitely filling and I imagine it could wonders for a hangover. 

Later that afternoon we went to the last game of the LA Dodger's regular season. Due to traffic we didn't make it until the 4th inning and then left at the top of the 9th inning (can't you tell we're huge fans of baseball?). I hadn't been to a pro baseball game since high school, so it was a great to experience, if only briefly, the atmosphere and energy that surrounds a pro sports game. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment