Thursday, December 27, 2012

Connie's Diner

I have a standing breakfast date with a good friend. We try to meet up at least once a month at Connie's Diner in Waterloo, NY. This place is old school and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's the sort of place where they know your name (and your parents and your grandparents names) and it never changes. I've only ever had breakfast there but they do offer lunch and dinner as well.

I love me some tea :0)
  All of the tables have these individual juke boxes with classic oldies...alas ours was out of order.
Le menu. I typically get the breakfast special because it's 1) the best value for your money and 2) it's just so darn yummy.
Nom nom nom. Clockwise: sausage links (always get the links! they're better than the sausage patties in my humble opinion), wheat toast, 2 eggs over easy, and home fries.
The eat-in bar.
The Christmas tree!

Fun fact, there was this older gentleman there who had a hat on with mistletoe taped its brim. I thought it was cute because he seemed like a nice old man and wanted to ask him to take his picture, but I realize how this could easily veer into dirty old man territory. I digress, if you ever get the opportunity go to Connie's Diner!! PS. The Belgian waffles are stuff dreams are made of, but make sure you bring your appetite because they're huge.

Who: Connie's Diner
What: small town diner with a classic '50s vibe & awesome comfort food
Where: 205 East Main Street,
Waterloo, New York 13165-1508
Need to Know: They only accept cash. No debit/credit cards or checks, so be prepared with some old fashioned $$. They also have an ATM in the entrance in case you need to take some cash out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment