Monday, July 23, 2012

The Weekend Dish

Hello Lovlies, I hope everyone had an amazing weekend! I know that mine went way too fast, but it was spent well with good friends and good food.

Friday night the boyfriend and I stayed in, and made tacos (nom nom nom). We then went to see the local-theater production of Avenue Q. Now, I knew about Avenue Q from when my brother saw it on Broadway years ago, but I have to say I was not quite prepared for it. Especially for the puppet sex. Yes, I just said puppet sex. Needless to say it was completely irreverent, hilarious, kind-of offensive and enjoyably un-PC.

Saturday I attending a baby shower, made these cupcakes, and then celebrated summer/a friend's birthday/just-because-we-can party. Any night that ends with me sipping wine with a glow-stick straw, is a good one in my opinion.
Then Sunday, I ate at one of my favorite places on Earth, Americana Winery. I'm not exaggerating either. A part of me almost doesn't want to tell you about it, because then you will go and taste how delicious the food is and see how chill the atmosphere is, and then I'll have to start making reservations to go because it'll be so crowded. (--> That was definitely a run-on sentence.)

The boyfriend and I are regulars of this place. We particularly love it in the summer time when you can sit outside and enjoy a chilled glass of the Gewürztraminer (my favorite), and listen to a local band playing, while you pet one of the resident dogs or cats roaming around.

The view from our table.

 One of the labradors playing catch in the lawn at Americana.

Then there is the food. It's local, it's fresh, and it's freaking amazing. They have their regular menu at the Crystal Lake Cafe, which will change to accommodate with what's in season, however my favorite part is the daily specials. I have never ever seen the same special run twice, which is awesome because I love to try new dishes.
For our appetizer we shared the Spinach Artichoke Dip with Toasted Focaccia Bread. Did I mention that they make all of their breads, rolls, etc. from scratch?! Because they do.
The boyfriend ordered the Lamb Burger with a side of Sweet Potato fries. They are $2 extra, but they're worth it.
Look at the cross-section on that! The Lamb Burger has rosemary aioli, black olive tapenade, lettuce, tomato, red onion and feta on a roll. I am really not a fan of lamb at all -I've tried it so many different ways and in different parts of the world, because for some reason I really want to like it and can't; but this burger is the only version of lamb that may eventually convert me.
I opted for the Curried Chicken Salad on an open face sandwich with the Sweet Potato Fries as well.
One of the cats lounging near our table. Super fluffy -just how I like 'em.


What: Wine tastings, delicious food, and cuddly creatures
Where: Interlaken, NY

All opinions and photos are my own. I was not paid nor invited by Americana Vineyards to review the Crystal Lake Cafe. To be honest, I'm pretty sure they don't even know this blog exists. All photos were taken on my iPhone and snazzed up with Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment