Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Espresso Buttercream & Ganche

Good morning lovlies,

One of my older sisters asked me to make cupcakes for her  birthday dinner this past weekend. She loves chocolate, but I have to be honest, I feel like chocolate can become boring if you're not careful. I wanted to do something a little more special and grown-up than the simple chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream, so I made her a chocolate cupcake topped with a layer of chocolate ganache and fluffy espresso buttercream. I am going to keep experimenting with my mocha and espresso buttercreams though, because while this one was a good first effort, it tasted vaguely of maple syrup to me. Strange I know. Stay tuned for another variation on the chocolate cupcake this coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment