Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day S'more Cupcakes


It has officially been way too long since I've made a cupcake, so what better way to celebrate the last major weekend of the summer than with s'more cupcakes? I made these cupcakes using this recipe I found in the annals of Pinterest.
Creating the graham cracker base.


The batter for the chocolate cupcake.


I did not take any pictures of the frosting making process because -I can't even sugar coat this- was a huge pain in the ass to make. And I burnt my hand in the process. But ta da! Here is the finished product.

The original recipe calls for a kitchen torch to create the chard marshmallow effect, but what's a girl to do that doesn't exactly have a  kitchen torch just lying around? You use the broiler. I set it on high stuck 2 or 3 frosted cupcakes on a cookie sheet and placed it directly under heat until it started to smoke. Keep your eye on it because it will burn in a second!





No comments:

Post a Comment