Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Goodness

Last night I made chocolate chip cookies, which I haven't made in eons it feels like. I'm pretty sure these are what made my way into Jared's heart ;)

First pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine 1 cup room temperature butter, 1 cup packed brown sugar, and half a cup of white sugar.
Seriously what could be better in life than sugar and butter?

Next combine the butter & sugar mixture with 2 large eggs and 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.



Mix together. This is what the batter should look like at this stage.


Then combine with 2 3/4 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda, and 1/2 tsp of salt, and of course the chocolate chips!


It may take a while for all of the ingredients to combine, this is a dry recipe, but I promise if you keep mixing it, it will combine together. If you find you've been mixing for 5 minutes and the batter still isn't combined, add a teaspoon of water.
 Keep mixing!
This is what the batter should look like when all the ingredients are combined. 

Next, form about 1 to 1/12 tbs of batter into little balls and place on cookie sheets. Pop in the oven for 19 to 21 minutes. These cookies come out of the oven super soft, be careful when you're placing them on the cooking rack. I suggest laying them down on paper towels on your counter or table and let them cool. 

Silly me did not get a picture of the finished cookies because I was distracted by the gorgeous sunset that was happening outside!


If you make these let me know how they turned out in the comment box!








No comments:

Post a Comment