Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and Salted Caramel Drizzle

I have been itching to make a delicious fall-themed cupcake, and I satisfied that itch with this cupcake. I promise I'm not exaggerating, this is probably my favorite cupcake out of the all the one's I've made over the past few months. I was inspired to make this cupcake by the ever-reliable Pinterest, but I could not find the recipe for the picture that I had originally pinned. I had to use my resources for this one. The pumpkin spice cupcake and cream cheese recipes come from The Sweet Little Book of Cupcakes. I simply added the cinnamon in for the frosting. Then a quick Google search led me to this recipe for the salted caramel sauce. The next time I make the salted caramel sauce I would recommend using white cane sugar instead of brown sugar to help achieve that amber golden caramel color, however the taste is still phenomenal. Now here are some pictures for drooling and gurgling worthy of Homer Simpson.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment