Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mandy Eats Goes to Boston Part II

Where did we leave off in our Boston adventure...


 A late lunch of Thai Style Chicken Satays at Max Brenner, which wait for it.....is a restaurant dedicated to chocolate! We also had the chocolate fondu platter (which I was too bothered eating to take a picture of).

Prosciutto di Parma,Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Balsamic Agrodolce
 Later Saturday night we headed out to the North End for some authentic Italian American cusine (complete with the Italian speaking grandpa's an all) at Bacco. Again I was too busy scarfing down the pure deliciousness that was our appetizer to remember to take a picture of it. We washed it down with a very lovely bottle of Oyster Bay Savignon Blanc, 2010.

Shrimp Carbonara with Roasted Garlic Cream, Fettuccine, Pancetta and Peas
For the main course, I ordered shrimp carbonara. It was divine. This was seriously the best meal I had in Boston.

 Since we apparently hadn't sufficiently stuffed ourselves silly enough at Bacco, we had to get some creamy gelato in hazelnut.

After walking off some of our meal and dessert, Courtney and I decided to play in the fountain, because it still felt like 90 out. It was so much fun seeing kids and adults alike, playing in the fountain.

On our walk home (soaking wet from the fountain, but very pleased with ourselves) I captured this picture of the Old State House. I just love how the old mingles so closely with the new & modern in Boston. Something about this makes me so happy and is one of the reasons why Boston is one of my favorite cities to visit. 

Sunday morning we took things easy (and thankfully the hot & humid weather finally broke!!) with brunch at Thortons, where I had the Eggs Mozzarella with an iced coffee. Again, I was too excited to eat to be bothered to take pictures until it was almost gone (are you sensing a theme here?).

After brunch we headed over to the Prudential Center for some shopping and to go to the observation deck of the Pru! This was one of my favorite experiences of Boston. I highly recommend it if you've never done it before. 

My favorite views from the SkyWalk Observatory.

After the SkyWalk, we grabbed a quick juice from Juice as we headed to the SoWa Market. I sipped on the # 8 option (lemon, lime, alkaline water, organic agave and cayenne).

At the SoWa Open Market, I had my very first food truck experience. You may be wondering, how on earth am I a food blogger and I've never been to a food truck before? Well dear readers, I live in the middle of no where. The Finger Lakes are beautiful and we have awesome fresh & local produce, but this is still basically the middle of no where, and I have to drive my car at least 15 minutes to go to the nearest grocery store. It isn't exactly an ideal atmosphere for food trucks to do business. So I was stoked when I saw food truck after food truck lined up at SoWa. It was a foodie's paradise on wheels. I chose Bon Me and their incredibly fresh how-did-this-come-out-of-a-truck-and-not-a-brick-and-mortor-restaurant rice bowl with chicken. Their Bon Me sandwich (lovely play on words for the traditional Bahn Me) looked super drool worthy as well, but alas, there's only so much I can eat in one sitting. My first food truck experience was an epic success in my book.

After SoWa, we headed to the beach (the name of the one we actually went to escapes me), but it was the perfect way to end our weekend. Stay classy Boston, I can't wait to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment