Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mandy-Eats Goes to Boston Part I

Highlights of my trip to Boston a few weeks ago.

Friday
 Boston is a walking city. We walked everywhere. And this is one of my favorite things about Boston as well, everything seems to be only a 20 minute walk or T ride away. These are some scenes from our first night in as we walked to Joe's American Bar & Grill (I didn't capture any pictures of this meal).
Clockwise from the top left: The Boston skyline, Quincy Market's trees light up with thousands of twinkle lights, and the wharf right next the Joe's (where I had a regular mojito and the Ahi Tuna Salad.)

Saturday
 Brunch at Trident Booksellers and Cafe. This adorable brunch spot housed two of my favorite things: books and food. What more could you want really? I had the Apple Brie Omelette with rye toast and a side of bacon with an iced coffee.

 This was during that heat wave that most of the US experienced in mid July and I was pretty much melting during Friday and Saturday, along with this little guy at the Boston Public Garden

Gorgeous weeping willows offered some relief from the sun by the in the Public Garden. You can spy the swan boats paddling by. 

 The George Washington statue in the Public Garden.

Make Way For Ducklings by Nancy Schön in the Public Garden. I almost died from the cuteness going on here. 

Jared in front of the Massachusetts State House as seen from the Boston Common

Samuel Adams in front of Faneuil Hall (Fanny Hall as the locals say) at Quincy Market.

I hardly drink soda anymore, but this Diet Coke seriously hit the spot on that extremely muggy and hot afternoon. 

Boston Strong. Tourniquets tied around a fence in memory of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings from this past April. My friend that we stayed with in Boston, described to me what she experienced during that horrific day as she was a spectator only a few blocks away from the finish line herself. It literally gave me goose bumps despite it being 95 degrees outside. We passed the locations where the two bombs went off and I did not take pictures of them because it felt tasteless in a way, but the evidence of how Boston has banded together in the aftermath is amazing and uplifting.

I want to leave this post here and continue the rest of our visit through Saturday evening and Sunday for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment