Saturday, May 25, 2013

Food In the Finger Lakes: Taste of Thai

Friday night date night brought Jared and I to one of our favorites (and location of our first date actually) Taste of Thai in the Ithaca Commons. (Not to be confused with Taste of Thai Express. They are not affiliated and in my opinion, this restaurant is quite frankly the better one.)

Appetizer: Satay
 Skewered grilled marinated chicken served with peanut sauce and cucumber relish. It also came with toast points...someone please relieve me of my ignorance and tell me why?!

Entree: Taste of Thai Chicken
Chicken, cashews, broccoli, bell pepper, garlic and scallion cooked in house sauce. Deeeeeelish! This is literally what Jared orders every single time we come here. I typically choose the Pad Thai (my personal favorite) or the Thai Spicy Noodles with chicken or prawns, however I've always sneaked bites of this dish and just went for it this time. This sweet and savory yellow curry sauce makes an excellent introduction to those not familiar or perhaps a little intimidated by Thai cuisine.

A close up of all that yummyness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment