Sunday, March 17, 2013

That one time I bet $500 I could lose 10% of my body weight in 12 weeks...

I tend to only post meals on here that I think are particularly interesting or OMGosh mouthwatering good. I feel others aren't that interested in what I eat on a day-to-day basis, however because this is my blog, I do what I want and I'm going to tell you regardless. Actually, J and I have a bet going. A bet with $500+ at stake. I KNOW! That's a lot of money for me ya'll. We are currently on the eve of week 3 of a 12 week long fitness challenge, and the loser gets to pay for both of us to go sky diving this summer. Side note: does anyone else find it a bit ironic that we're celebrating making healthy choices by jumping to our possible deaths out of an airplane?

Because our fitness goals are so different (mine is to lose 10% of my body weight -don't fret it's doable in 12 weeks for a healthy weight rate loss of an average 1.5 lbs per week) and Jared wants to put on 6 lbs of lean muscle. I hit it out of the park week 1 with a 5 lb weight loss! However I did not prepare for week 2 and I feel off the band wagon with a total weight loss of 0.3 lbs. Ugh. So I'm glad I learned the lesson of how important preparation is early on in the challenge. Below is the handy spread sheet of my planned meals this week.

Notice Meal 1 just says "Breakfast," that is because I cannot predict what I will be hungry for in the morning. Sometimes the thought of eggs makes me nauseous or Greek yogurt with berries is just not filling enough, so I eat what feels right each morning. Here is a list of what I may eat for breakfast: 1 whole egg with 1 egg white with sauteed onions, grape tomatoes and sliced mushrooms; 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with berries, honey, cinnamon and almonds; Paleo pancakes (1 banana, 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon with natural maple syrup.) Also notice that I do not have any meals planned from Friday M5 through the rest of weekend, because I'm just not that good at predicting where/what I'll be doing at those times on the prior Sunday (which is when I plan my week day meals out). Come Thursday, I'm planning the rest of the week out. Also, I'm trying to limit coffee, and sugar/processed food/bread. Easier said than done. However, I do plan on blogging my meals as I eat them throughout the week to keep myself accountable!

Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, a trainer, nor a doctor. This is not expert advice, just the journey of a 25 year old girl taking steps for a healthier lifestyle. This is what I'm doing for my individual body and what works for me may not work for you. As always consult with your doctor before starting a new diet or exercise regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment