Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where In The World Is Mandy Eats?

Hello Dear Readers!

So that week off from blogging turned into a month off. Whoops. Life, it'll get ya sometimes. But despite not posting, I have kept this blog in the back of my mind and I have been chronicalling my adventures over the past month.

Upon my return from North Carolina, Jared surprised me with a mid week romantic night's stay at the Harbor Hotel in Watkin's Glen. (And the best boyfriend award goes to...) The weather was sort of crap, but made for some beautiful/interesting pictures of the water. Also the hotel was amazing! A little pricey (in my opinion) for more than a one or two night stay, but was well worth the money withs it's amazing rooms and amenities.

I've written about MicroClimate before (here) but had not been back actually since then! For shame! I went on a date with a friend there to catch up, and we both decided to get the wine flights; Gewürztraminer for me and the sparkling flight for her. You know how I love my Gewürztraminer -my favorites were the Chilean and Finger Lakes wines. We also shared the charcuterie platter -olives, bread, cheese and cured meats?! Yes please! (Side note: micro climate you are amazing, but could you please, please install some air conditioning. It be real hot and humid out there and I don't appreciate sweating through my shorts as I'm drinking my wine (true story)).



Epic Cloud Action
These pictures were taken on a drive on Route 79 between Watkin's Glen and Ithaca one sunny morning, and I just have a thing for photographing epic clouds. My iPhone doesn't capture it that well, but you can see sooooo far at this point. Love it.



Destiny USA (AKA Carousel Mall)
I haven't been to this mega mall in Syracuse, NY since it officially became Destiny USA. There is so much to do there! Besides the obvious shopping, they have a variety of family friendly activities ranging from "meh" (the glow in the dark mini golf) to "this is freaking amazing!" (the high-speed go karts and 3-story ropes course). They also have a nice selection of higher-end chain restaurants (ie, The Melting Pot, P.F. Chang's, Koto Japanese Steakhouse, etc) and we ended up eating at Cantina Laredo because the waiting time for a table for 10 (I went with my family) was 2 hours, psh. However the Cantina Laredo was able to accommodate use right away and their food was amazing with a fresh, modern atmosphere. If you ever go, I highly recommend the guacamole (made table side and was incredibly fresh). I ordered the Tacos de Pollo (ie. Chicken Tacos).
A lot of these photos are on my Instagram @MandyLouWho88. Subscribe to it to see more of my adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. You've made me hungry and given me a couple ideas for dining out. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete